Tag Archives: I-751

Filing I-751 before divorce finalizes

If you obtained your permanent residence status (green card) from marrying to a U.S. citizen, and if at the time the marriage is less than 2 years, your first receive a “conditional” green card which is valid for only two years.  In order to receive a permanent green card, you will need to file a […]

Posted in USCIS | Also tagged , , | Comments closed

Matter of Rose – I751 Waiver Not Required

A hardship waiver of Petition to Remove Conditions is not required if the U.S. citizen spouse died during the 2-year conditional period. The U.S. Department of Justice Board of Immigration Appeal (“BIA”) made a decision on an appeal case on January 25, 2010 in which the BIA said that a conditional resident from marrying a […]

Posted in Immigration, Marriage | Tagged | Comments closed

I-751 Petition Filed Prior to Termination of Marriage

A Conditional Permanent Resident (CPR) who obtained his or her status through marriage to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident must file form I-751 to remove the conditions placed on the residence status. The immigration law requires the CPR and his or her petitioning spouse (if not deceased) to jointly file the 1-751 petition […]

Posted in Marriage | Tagged | Comments closed
// Skimlinks.com code login: seanyuan@ymail.com