K-3  Spouse of U.S. Citizen

K-3 Visa


Spouse of U.S. Citizen


What is K-3 visa?

The K-3 visa allows the spouse of a U.S. citizen to come to the U.S. while he or she is waiting for his or her immigrant visa (permanent residence).

Who can apply for E-3 visa?

Spouse of a U.S. citizen who is outside of the U.S. and wishes to come to the U.S. while his or her permanent resident (green card) petition filed by the U.S. citizen spouse is still under processing. 

Benefits and Requirements of E-3 visa:

• K-3 visa holder may live in the U.S. with his or her family while waiting for the processing and approval of the immigration petition.

• K-3 visa holder may apply for a Employment Authorization Card and work in the U.S. while waiting for the approval of the immigration petition.

• K-3 visa holder may study in the U.S.

• K-3 visa holder may not Change to other non-immigrant status in the U.S.

How to apply for K-3 visa?

The U.S. citizen spouse needs to first file form I-130 USCIS in the U.S. to petition for permanent residence for the foreign spouse; and then the U.S. citizen spouse should file form I-129F with the USCIS in the U.S. for the foreign spouse to request K-3 visa. Upon approval, the case will be transferred to the US Consulate where the K-3 applicant spouse resides. The K-3 applicant will use forms DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157 for apply for K-3 visa.

// Skimlinks.com code login: seanyuan@ymail.com