K-1  Fiance of U.S. Citizen

K-1 Visa


Fiance of U.S. Citizen 

What is K-1 visa?

The K-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows the fiance or fiancée of a U.S. citizen to enter the U.S. and then get married to the U.S. citizen in the United States.

Who can apply for K-1 visa?

Fiance or Fiancee of a US citizens can use K-1 visa to come to the U.S. and marry the U.S. citizen.

Special Requirements and Limitations of K-1 visa:

• Upon the K-1 applicants’ arrival to the U.S., the K-1 applicants have 90 days to get married with the U.S. citizens who petitioned for their K-1 visa, otherwise the K-1 applicants must return to their home country.

• K-1 visa holders are not allowed to change their status to other non-immigrant statuses after their entry to the U.S.

• The K-1 visa holder will have to file adjustment of status after getting married with the U.S. citizen who filed for his or her K-1 petition.

How to apply for K-1 visa?

First the U.S. citizen spouse will file form I-129F with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services. Upon approval, the case will be transferred to the US Consulate where the K-1 applicant spouse resides. The K-1 applicant will use forms DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157 for apply for K-1 visa.

// Skimlinks.com code login: seanyuan@ymail.com