F-1  Student

F-1 Visa



What is F-1 visa?

The F-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa for qualified international students to attend full-time study at universities, colleges, academic high schools and institutions with language-training programs in the U.S.

Who can apply for F-1 visa?

A foreign student who satisfies the requirements listed below may come to the U.S. under the F-1 visa to study.

Special Requirements of F-1 visa:

• The F-1 applicant is a bona fide student qualified to pursue a full course of study.

• A school or an educational institution approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has accepted the F-1 applicant and issued form I-20 to the applicant.

• The F-1 applicant has access to sufficient funds to cover study and living expenses.

• The F-1 applicant does not intent to give up his or her permanent residence in the home country, and plans to leave the U.S. at the completion of the study.

• The F-1 applicant is proficient in English or will receive training to make it proficient.

How to apply for F-1 visa/status?

• If you are not in the United States at this time, you should use forms DS-156, DS-157 and DS-158 to apply for F-1 visa at a U.S. Consulate office.

• If you are currently in the United States and in a status other than F-1, your should use form I-539 to apply for a change of status to the F-1 status; your spouse and children can also obtain dependent F-1 status.

Related Post(s):
[catlist name=F-1 numberposts=-1]

// Skimlinks.com code login: seanyuan@ymail.com