F-1 Student Employment During Study

F-1 students may not work off-campus during the first academic year, but may accept on-campus employment subject to certain conditions and restrictions, including word performed on school premises or at an off-campus location which is educationally affiliated with the school.  While the school is in session, the F-1 student may only work up to 20 hours per week.

After first academic year, a F-1 student may work off camput jobs as determined by the Designated School Official (DSO) if:

  1. There is severe economic hardship which caused by unforseen circumstances beyond the student’s contaol.  In order to work off-camput, the student must be in good academic standing and engage in a full course of study.
  2. A F-1 student in good faith being offered employment by a recognized international organization and apply for a EAD card visa form I-765 and endorced by DSO.
This entry was posted in Visa and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.
Newsletter Powered By : XYZScripts.com