// // Google Analytics setup 02222017 // Google Adsense Page-Level Ad 02232017

Filing I-751 before divorce finalizes

If you obtained your permanent residence status (green card) from marrying to a U.S. citizen, and if at the time the marriage is less than 2 years, your first receive a “conditional” green card which is valid for only two years.  In order to receive a permanent green card, you will need to file a petition by using form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence.  This form is usually signed by both you and by your U.S. citizen spouse, and file with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) within the 90 days before the two-year anniversary of the date your conditional green card was issued.

Read More »

Posted in USCIS | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

How to Use New Form Supplement J to Adjustment of Status

Beginning January 17, 2017, a new form Supplement J to Form I-485 is required to either:

Read More »

Posted in USCIS | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Can Employers Require Un-Quantified Skill in Perm Application?

job_oppoIn the application of labor certification by PERM form ETA 9089, the employer needs to list required job qualifications for the job position. When employers list un-quantified skill experience requirements in PERM form ETA 9089 H.14, a question arises as to whether it conforms to the labor certification regulations? There have been cases that were denied because of non-quantified experience is listed in Section H.14 of the ETA 9089. What is un-quantified skill? For example, a requirement of being “proficient” in using spreadsheet is an un-quantified skill as job requirement.

Read More »

Posted in LaborCer | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Extension of H-1B1, E-3 and CW-2 Now Allows 240 days Employment

Job_OppOn February 16, 2016, a new rule became effective to authorize continued employment for up to 240 days for H-1B1 (Chile, Singapore), E-3 (Australia) and CW-1 (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands) nonimmigrants whose status has expired, provided that the employer timely filed an extension of stay with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This change will minimize workforce disruptions for U.S. employers and ease hardships to H-1B1, E-3, and CW-1 nonimmigrants who were previously excluded from the 240-day rule.

Read More »

Posted in Employment | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

L-1A Position Managerial Capacity Requirement on Small Size Company

tourist visaL-1A is an intra-company transfer of manager or executive between a foreign company and a US company. The person who pursues an L-1A visa must be serving in a position with managerial capacity pursuant to Immigration and Naturalization Act (the “Act”).

Read More »

Posted in L-1 | Tagged , | 1 Response
Newsletter Powered By : XYZScripts.com